Answered By: David Gray
Last Updated: Jan 09, 2015     Views: 66

OK - since that is a medical condition you want to use one of our databases for finding articles that specializes in health and medical journals.  I would recommend using Health Source Nursing/Academic Edition.  There is a link on our homepage:

screen shot

Once you are in the database enter your subject and check the boxes for "Full Text" and "Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals" and that will limit your results to full-text articles that are from peer-reviewed journals.  

screen shot


You still need to look at the articles in your result list to make sure they are primary research articles - just because they are published in peer-reviewed journals doesn't automatically mean they are primary research.  They could be book reviews or brief news articles.  There is more information on understanding primary research articles that might help you at the LibGuide link below: 

Related Topics

    Contact Us


    ask [@]

    540-868-7170 (Middletown)
    540-351-1596 (Fauquier)